Shalford Mill, National Trust

Commissioned consultancy to provide an architectural condition survey for the waterwheel, sluicegate and mill machinery and produce a repair method statement.  Retained as main contractor to complete conservation repairs.

The current building was built circa 1750 and the mill remained in operation until 1914.  In the early 1930s the mill was aquired by the "Fergusons Gang" and then donated to the National Trust.

Severely rotten foot bearing support framework

Before dismantling a full measured survey was completed

New framework constructed to original design

Detail of waterwheel and vertical shaft framework

Copyright © 2024 Ian Clark Restoration  |  All Rights Reserved
Ian Clark Restoration
1 Railway Cottages
Old Station Road
Itchen Abbas
SO21 1BA

t: +44(0)1962 779495
m: +44(0)7836 536932
e: ian@ianclarkrestoration.com